Saturday, December 2, 2017

Whoops, I skipped a month! Also, Gear!

Yeah, well, things happen. Like life and such. It's December now. I'm doing better than before. (It's getting better all the taiyime!) I came home yesterday to a package that I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of.
Aww, yiss!
I ordered some gear for the upcoming Epic Travel Trip 2018 (it's a working title. I'll fix it later) and I'd like to share it with you folks.
I'll start with the thing I was most anxious about: the boots. I ordered some Columbia Redmond Waterproof Mids for the ETT 2018: A Nepalling Hike (say it real fast) portion of the trip. Ordering hiking boots online is a precarious proposition. You can't try them on, and fit is extremely important for footwear you'll be climbing mountains in. The best I could do was go to my local outlet and try on similar boots for size, but the thing about Korea is that they don't sell that particular kind of boot and the sizes are all funky and weird. I chose the Redmond model specifically for its low price, breathe-ability, light weight, and waterproof elements. It seemed like a foot-sheath that could act as both a day-to-day shoe and a hiking boot. Anyway, I am happy to report that they fit a-like-a-gul-love-ah.

Let's move on to the little black thingy: the Anker PowerCore 20100. That's also mainly for A Nepalling Hike. Charging electronics on the trek costs cheddah, so instead I'll be relying on that lil' puppy to recharge my addiction and picture machines. The only downside is that sucker is heavy. You could bash a cat's head in with that thing in a pinch.

Ahem. The shirts are quick-drying spandex blends (good for ma sweaty bawday) and the black one even has SPF50 built in to it (good for ma skin cancer preventiyawn). Those are mostly for the extreme heat of India and Egypt. I haven't come up with clever names for those portions of the trip yet.

Next, let's explore the pants. Them little gems are convertible. Unzip 'em at the knee and they become shorts! And for extra loser points they're cargo style! Elastic waistband! PLUS A BAJILLION! PEW PEW PEW PEW! LOSER OVERLOAD! I'm not getting invited to any parties wearing those things, but at least I'll be comfortable and able to get into any sudden temples that require respectfully covered extremities. Also fast drying and cool for the unforgivable swamp ass!

Speaking of swamp ass, not pictured (because I'm wearing them) are me new undies, made from bamboo fiber and designed to keep the nether-regions cool whilst wicking moisture outwards. My recent trip to Matsuyama Castle taught me that swamp ass prevention is paramount to having a good experience during hot summer trips.

Merino wool hiking socks are pretty self-explanatory, and the only thing pictured meant to keep one warm instead of cool.

Finally, we come to the selfie stick. Look, y'all, at this point I'm not gonna pretend to be cool. I don't have any friends to take my picture for me, so I gotta do it myself. This way, I can at least act like somebody caught me candidly at some UNESCO World Heritage Site and sent me the pic later.
Hey, friend who is definitely not myself taking a picture of me!
I still have a few more items to purchase before embarking in three months(!!!!!). I just learned of the existence of laundry sheets (no, not dryer sheets) which are going to revolutionize my hand-washing laundry sessions and lighten up my backpack. I'll probably update with the entire packing list when it's all assembled and ready for internet criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hardest Goodbyes

I had to post twice in a day. It's my final day in Korea and there are so many emotions running through ma veins, through ma brains. I u...